Saturday, September 13, 2014

Kyoto 2014



Following my post on Japan next up is Kyoto! We spent two days in Kyoto which was more than enough to get a brief view of the city. After Tokyo, Kyoto had a lot to live up to and unfortunately it wasn't my favourite place, in fact it was my least favourite of the four places we visited. Like I said on my Tokyo post, me and Dave are not the biggest fans of temples and it seems like this is Kyoto's 'thing'.









This isn't going to be a very long post unlike my Tokyo one as I don't have much to say. Kyoto was a really pretty place and I'm really glad we went and if we went to Japan again I probably would make a quick pit stop there. It was a lot more traditional than Tokyo, the buildings were pretty and all in all it was a very tranquil place. I must admit, I could wander the streets for hours, they were fascinating, especially with all the Japanese people walking around in traditional dress! When we went to Kyoto there was a couple of things we wanted to do but the main one was go to the Fushimi Inari Shrine. Basically it's a hill/mountain (it felt like a mountain!) around 250 meters above sea level which you have to hike up to get to the top. It was amazing and possibly one of the best things we done in Japan. We also wanted to go to the Monkey Park but after reading about it we decided against it - you couldn't touch the monkeys, feed the monkeys or even look the monkeys in the eyes.. Seemed a bit pointless really. 

It was really nice to see the other side of Japan - not the hustle and bustle but the peaceful, traditional side of it. I know this post hasn't had me ranting and raving but if you were thinking of going to Kyoto don't let me put you off.. It is an amazing place to see, it just wasn't quite Tokyo. 

Have you ever been to Kyoto? If so, what did you think? Let me know and keep your eyes peeled for the final installment in my Japan trip - Osaka! 
 photo Untitled_zps5838bc54.jpg

2 comments :

Unknown said...

lovely pics
http://thewanderlusthasgotme.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/sailing-from-bodrum.html

Unknown said...

Aw thank you very much! I love your blog btw! It makes me want to go away again. :-) xx

Sarah x

 
Images by Freepik